Video: Civelli’s dream debut
FORMER Ipswich Town player Luca Civelli enjoyed a dream debut for Paraguayan club Libertad on Monday night.
The Argentian scored both goals as his team came from behind to beat fierce rivals Olimpia 2-1 in the high-profile top-flight match.
The 26th minute equaliser was a cool finish, but it was eclipsed by a stunning winner in the dying seconds of the match – a first-time effort from 25 yards which swerved into the top corner.
It has made him an instant hero with the Libertad fans, sealing their side’s first win of the season and their first victory over Olimpia in four meetings.
Blues fans will be pleased for the affable 24-year-old whose Town career – which started so brightly – was quickly blighted by a serious knee injury.
You may also want to watch:
Following nearly two years out of the game, the left-sided player wasn’t able to return to the top form which persuaded Jim Magilton to pay a seven figure fee to Argentinian side Banfield in 2009.
As a result, his contract was terminated by mutual consent little over two weeks ago and he was quickly snapped up by Libertad in his native South America.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight