Walters op blow for Blues
IPSWICH Town have been rocked by an injury crisis on the eve of their championship crunch match against Charlton.John Walters has been told he needs surgery on a knee cartilage injury while Danny Haynes has a groin problem.
IPSWICH Town have been rocked by an injury crisis on the eve of their championship crunch match against Charlton.
John Walters has been told he needs surgery on a knee cartilage injury while Danny Haynes has a groin problem.
We revealed that Walters would need surgery in the summer but the damage has been come so severe that Town's leading scorer could go under the knife next week.
Ipswich medical staff have been nursing him through after he tore a cartilage in the home draw against Sheffield United ten days ago.
Walters who has 12 goals for Ipswich this season was already in pain with the knee problem and that injury compounded his wows.
- 1 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 4 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 5 The night Town beat Real Madrid - and why they're still part of elite club
- 6 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 7 Driver being taken to hospital after car ends up on roof in field
- 8 When will bins be emptied during the Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend?
- 9 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 10 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
Blues boss Jim Magilton last night confirmed he was stepping up his search for at least two loan players with a centre half also a priority.
Magilton said “John has had knee problem for a while and the specialist has indicated that he needs a knee operation. He is certainly out of Saturday's game and we will make a call on him after the weekend but surgery is looking most likely”.
“If he has the operation I have been told he will not be out for the rest of the season but he will miss most of what is left of the campaign”.
“It is a blow for us, there is no denying that because John has been fantastic for us”.
Haynes picked up his groin injury in the build up to the defeat at Barnsley and will be given until Saturday morning to prove his fitness.
Meanwhile, Magilton has been desperately seeking a loan striker from the Premiership and is also in the hunt for a defender, with former Portsmouth defender or centre half Dejan Stefanjovic, a possible target.