Walters op blow for Blues
IPSWICH Town have been rocked by an injury crisis on the eve of their championship crunch match against Charlton.John Walters has been told he needs surgery on a knee cartilage injury while Danny Haynes has a groin problem.
IPSWICH Town have been rocked by an injury crisis on the eve of their championship crunch match against Charlton.
John Walters has been told he needs surgery on a knee cartilage injury while Danny Haynes has a groin problem.
We revealed that Walters would need surgery in the summer but the damage has been come so severe that Town's leading scorer could go under the knife next week.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich medical staff have been nursing him through after he tore a cartilage in the home draw against Sheffield United ten days ago.
Walters who has 12 goals for Ipswich this season was already in pain with the knee problem and that injury compounded his wows.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 4 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 5 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 6 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 7 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 8 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 9 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 10 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
Blues boss Jim Magilton last night confirmed he was stepping up his search for at least two loan players with a centre half also a priority.
Magilton said “John has had knee problem for a while and the specialist has indicated that he needs a knee operation. He is certainly out of Saturday's game and we will make a call on him after the weekend but surgery is looking most likely”.
“If he has the operation I have been told he will not be out for the rest of the season but he will miss most of what is left of the campaign”.
“It is a blow for us, there is no denying that because John has been fantastic for us”.
Haynes picked up his groin injury in the build up to the defeat at Barnsley and will be given until Saturday morning to prove his fitness.
Meanwhile, Magilton has been desperately seeking a loan striker from the Premiership and is also in the hunt for a defender, with former Portsmouth defender or centre half Dejan Stefanjovic, a possible target.