Wednesday confusion over Scotland rumours
THE chances of Jason Scotland leaving Ipswich Town remain very much up in the air after conflicting statements coming out of Sheffield Wednesday.
The League One side are reportedly interested in the Blues forward who seems to have fallen down in Paul Jewell’s pecking order following the signings of Michael Chopra and Nathan Ellington.
But two weeks after chairman Milan Mandaric confirmed they were interested in bidding for Scotland, Wednesday boss Gary Megson has dismissed the links stating: “I don’t know where that came from.”
It remains to be seen whether Wednesday will make a move for the Trinidad and Tobago international striker who scored 10 goals for Town last season.
Meanwhile, former Town defender Troy Brown has revealed he turned down a 12-month contract with Ipswich to join League Two Rotherham United so he could play more first team football.
You may also want to watch:
The 20-year-old said: “I had a great time at Ipswich and personally had a good season but I felt that it was time for me to move on and get regular football.
“It will stand me in good stead having played games in the Championship last season. I need games under my belt to learn and grow and gain experience and I don’t think there is a better place to do it than here.”
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 3 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 4 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 8 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt