Here's when Ipswich Town's League One fixtures for 2021/22 will be released
- Credit: Pagepix
Backed by new owners, and after a summer of change, Ipswich Town will try to win promotion from League One at the third time of asking next season - here's when their fixtures will be released.
Town will learn their 2021/22 schedule at 9am on Thursday, June 24, with a promotion push looking as challenging as ever.
As well as the likes of League One big boys Sunderland, Portsmouth and Charlton, Town will also have to battle against the relegated Championship sides - Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham and Wycombe - next season.
Bolton are back in the third tier too, promoted from League Two along with Cheltenham Town, Cambridge United and Morecambe.
The League One 2021/22 season kicks off on Saturday, August 7 - although there's likely to be a televised game on Friday, August 6 - and finishes on April 30 2022, with the play-off final set for Saturday, May 21.
The summer transfer window opens on Wednesday, June 9, and is expected to close at 11pm on Tuesday, August 31.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!