Sheffield United v Ipswich Town: Blades boss Chris Wilder vows to ‘go for it’
- Credit: Michael Sedgwick/Focus Images Lt
Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder has promised that his high-flying Blades will ‘keep going for it’ – starting with Ipswich Town’s visit today.
The Blades are third in the early Championship standings, having won seven of their first 11 games back in the division following promotion last season.
And Wilder vowed that his squad won’t be taking their foot off the pedal as the Blues come to town.
He told the Sheffield Star: “We’ll keep going for it.
“We know what the expectations are but I don’t like to do ‘just’ consolidation. I, we, want to keep pushing on as far as we can and see where it takes us.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll just take it on a game by game basis and see what happens. That’s what we’ve always done and it’s not going to change now.”
The Blades have received an injury boost ahead of the game as wing-back Kieron Freeman has been declared fit.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 9 Number of schools with extra Covid precautions rises to 12
- 10 Haul of 20,000 suspected counterfeit DVDs seized in raid at Suffolk home
He’s missed the last three games with a rib injury suffered in the defeat to Norwich last month.