Zuiverloon recalled by West Brom
IPSWICH Town loanee Gianni Zuiverloon has returned to West Brom to help ease the Premier League side’s injury and suspension crisis.
The right back, who was due to remain at Portman Road until January 4, made four appearances for Town.
But Albion boss Roberto Di Matteo has recalled Zuiverloon after losing defenders Gabriel Tamas and Gonzalo Jara to suspension while Jonas Olsson is out with an Achilles injury.
Although the Dutch full back admitted he was hoping his loan spell in Suffolk could catch the eye of bigger suitors, many Town fans hoped his stay would be extended until the end of the season.
His departure opens the door for one of Jaime Peters, Tom Eastman or Troy Brown to fill the troublesome defensive position in the New Year’s Day match at Coventry.
You may also want to watch:
While for Zuiverloon, he is in line to return to the West Brom starting line-up for their next match - a televised home match against Manchester United.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast