Ipswich Volleyball Club still harbour hopes of promotion
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich men went into the weekend following three consecutive losses, and playing promotion favourites Black Country and Loughborough (hosts), the day was always going to be tough.
The guys got off to good positive start and managed to beat Black Country 3-2, every set was close with Dom Sharpe gaining a well deserved MVP for his consistent heavy hitting.
The game against Loughborough was a similar story, only the home team ended the fifth set with more energy and determination to win 3-2, Robert Banasiak picking up MVP.
The M3C league is now wide open and means a remarkable seven out of the eight teams have a chance of promotion.
Ipswich face Norwich and Lincoln Cannons for their final game.
You may also want to watch:
This will be a promotion battle between all three teams at Maidenhall Sports Centre on March 19, and will be an exciting spectacle.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk