Ipswich Witches complete their 2021 Premiership line-up
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Witches have completed their 2021 Premiership line-up.
After announcing six riders two weeks ago, the Witches have named Great Blakenham-based Drew Kemp as their final rider - the team's 'rising star' programme pick.
Kemp, 18, was set to make his full season debut for the Witches last season, but with 2020 wiped out, he will begin that debut season in May - the Witches set to start their season on Monday, May 3, with a home clash with Peterborough.
Kemp will be a popular choice.
He rode quite a lot last season, bearing in mind there was little speedway. And he continues to improve, as he showed in the British Final at Belle Vue, last year where he impressed.
He also retained his British U19 title last season.
Kemp concludes the Witches line-up, which now reads: Jason Crump, Nicolai Klindt, Danny King, Cameron Heeps, Jordan Stewart, Anders Rowe and Drew Kemp.
- 1 Man dies following collision on A12
- 2 Mouldy scone leads to bakery firm being fined £9k for hygiene breaches
- 3 'Cook changes it for Ipswich... I never thought it would happen for them before' - Gillingham boss Evans
- 4 New collision beams 'catching drivers out' at Suffolk's 'most bashed' bridge
- 5 Cook's first press conference: New Town boss on aims, style, takeover rumours and his squad
- 6 'Landmark' refusal of 18 homes in Suffolk village aided by community
- 7 'I have a clear style of play... that will be evident from day one' - Cook on Town's identity
- 8 'I turned down jobs... Ipswich ticks every single box' - Cook on why he took the Ipswich role
- 9 Horse found abandoned in field so over-bred rescuers thought she was a cow
- 10 A12 re-opens following serious three-vehicle crash
The new 'rising star' programme introduced this winter provides a clear pathway for young British riders and means that one rider in each Premiership team this season must be from the ‘rising star’ scheme with this increasing to two riders in each team from 2022.
The riders involved in the scheme are given a 1 to 4 star rating based on the criteria before progressing to Pro Star status.