Ipswich Women reach hockey promotion weekend
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Women’s Hockey side have qualified for the South Division 2 National League Indoor promotion weekend later this month.
The Suffolk side travelled to Whitgift School last weekend, where they first did battle with the Trojans. Lucy Dunnett and player/coach Liz Wheelhouse were on the mark, but Ipswich were beaten 5-2.
Next up was West Herts, and a 2-1 win. Sophie Sexton opened the scoring and then Dunnett struck again to secure the points.
Sunday started with a 2-2 draw with Cambridge City, Beth Scott and Sexton netting.
Next up, the result of the weekend – a 3-2 win over unbeaten Wimbledon with goals from Sexton (two) and Dunnett, who won it with five minutes left.
You may also want to watch:
A 4-4 draw against Bedford, with goals from Wheelhouse (two), Scott and Kristine Ayling, was enough to secure a third place finish and send Ipswich through to promotion weekend on January 20.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 7 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 8 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 9 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside