‘It’s been Jekyll and Hyde with us’ – AFC Sudbury keeper Marcus Garnham
- Credit: Archant
AFC Sudbury keeper, Marcus Garnham, summed up the feelings in the dressing room after relegation was virtually assured following Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at Tonbridge Angels.
“It was a game we really needed to win, it was as simple as that really, and we didn’t,” admitted Garnham.
“We limited their chances and frustrated them as much as we could, and we stuck to our game plan, but it’s just disappointing not to get anything from the game.
“We’ve just got to pick ourselves up and keep going. No one’s mind-set is that we are already relegated. We’ve got to keep going until it’s no longer possible.
“But the results don’t lie and we have had some horrendous results. It’s been Jekyll and Hyde with us.
“Some games we are a million dollars, beating decent teams, but then there are other games where you wonder what we’re doing in this league! We’ve been massively inconsistent. This year has not gone to plan.”
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 3 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 7 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten