‘It’s been Jekyll and Hyde with us’ – AFC Sudbury keeper Marcus Garnham
- Credit: Archant
AFC Sudbury keeper, Marcus Garnham, summed up the feelings in the dressing room after relegation was virtually assured following Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at Tonbridge Angels.
“It was a game we really needed to win, it was as simple as that really, and we didn’t,” admitted Garnham.
“We limited their chances and frustrated them as much as we could, and we stuck to our game plan, but it’s just disappointing not to get anything from the game.
“We’ve just got to pick ourselves up and keep going. No one’s mind-set is that we are already relegated. We’ve got to keep going until it’s no longer possible.
“But the results don’t lie and we have had some horrendous results. It’s been Jekyll and Hyde with us.
You may also want to watch:
“Some games we are a million dollars, beating decent teams, but then there are other games where you wonder what we’re doing in this league! We’ve been massively inconsistent. This year has not gone to plan.”
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases