It's Cobblers for Haynes
DANNY Haynes gets a chance to redeem himself when the reserves take on Northampton at Sixfield's Tuesday afternoon. 2pm kick off.Haynes, who was sent off in last Tuesday's Champions Cup win over Brighton.
By Derek Davis
DANNY Haynes gets a chance to redeem himself when the reserves take on Northampton at Sixfield's Tuesday afternoon. 2pm kick off.
Haynes, who was sent off in last Tuesday's Champions Cup win over Brighton. His suspension does not kick in until the end of August, as reserve league rules are different to those in the Championship.
Haynes will miss the away trips to Watford and West Brom and the home match against Leicester City, while Fabian Wilnis' dismissal against Plymouth means an automatic three-match ban starting immediately and he will not play against Crystal Palace on Sunday and then away at Vicarage Road and The Hawthorns.
Matt Richards, Shane Supple, Jaime Peters and Sito Castro are the other senior players involved in what will otherwise be a young side.
Jack Ainsley is among the young Academy players who have earned a call into the reserves after impressing in the Under 18s goalless draw against Charlton on Saturday.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 3 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 4 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 5 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 6 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 7 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 8 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 9 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 10 North Stander: We are where we deserve to be... and the play-offs look a long way off
The game at Sixfields kicks off at 2pm.
Ipswich Town: Supple, Plummer, Robinson, Synnott, Ainsley, C Williams, Watson, Clemo, Richards, Sito, Tooms, Upson, Haynes, Peters, Trotter, Rhodes.