It’s no-go again for Colchester United’s Chris Porter
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Chris Porter will remain on the sidelines for Colchester United’s trip to Mansfield this Saturday.
Porter has been out of action since the U’s 2-1 defeat at Plymouth Argyle on October 29, because of a niggling hamstring injury.
It was hoped that the 32-year-old target man would benefit from the current two-week break from competitive action, and be back in the first-team fold at Field Mill.
But manager John McGreal revealed this lunchtime: “The break has not really helped Chris (Porter). He’s still out, so it’s as we were.
“Unfortunately, Chris is still a little way off.
“He had planned to play at Yeovil (on November 19), but woke up in the morning and felt the hamstring sort of lock-up,” added McGreal.
Better news surrounds Sammie Szmodics, who has returned to training after a recent injury.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 6 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 7 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 8 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 9 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 10 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
McGreal confirmed: “Sammie has been back this week, which is a good sign.
“He had an injection not too long ago, and it seems to have worked after a little rest.”