It’s no-go again for Colchester United’s Chris Porter
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Chris Porter will remain on the sidelines for Colchester United’s trip to Mansfield this Saturday.
Porter has been out of action since the U’s 2-1 defeat at Plymouth Argyle on October 29, because of a niggling hamstring injury.
It was hoped that the 32-year-old target man would benefit from the current two-week break from competitive action, and be back in the first-team fold at Field Mill.
But manager John McGreal revealed this lunchtime: “The break has not really helped Chris (Porter). He’s still out, so it’s as we were.
“Unfortunately, Chris is still a little way off.
You may also want to watch:
“He had planned to play at Yeovil (on November 19), but woke up in the morning and felt the hamstring sort of lock-up,” added McGreal.
Better news surrounds Sammie Szmodics, who has returned to training after a recent injury.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 8 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
McGreal confirmed: “Sammie has been back this week, which is a good sign.
“He had an injection not too long ago, and it seems to have worked after a little rest.”