“It was a great start” – Colchester United boss John McGreal
Colchester United manager John McGreal was delighted to mark his first competitive home game, in charge, with a 2-0 home win over Cambridge United this afternoon.
Goals from Brennan Dickenson, a sweet low shot on eight minutes, and substitute Denny Johnstone, a bullet header from Dickenson’s 82nd minute cross, sealed a comfortable win.
“It was a great start for us today, and for our fans,” enthused manager McGreal.
“It’s just the start that we wanted, and it’s a good ratio to get four points from six from our first two games.
“We got a foothold at Hartlepool (1-1 draw), and I thought we played really well today.
“The new signings have all bedded in well, and we scored two good goals. It was a good first home game for us, against local rivals and in front of a big crowd.
“I enjoyed it, my first home game,” added McGreal.
- 1 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 2 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 3 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 7 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 10 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
The U’s are in home action again, against Grimsby Town on Tuesday evening.