Italy international staying put
GENNARO Gattuso has no intention of leaving AC Milan, according to club coach Leonardo. (Daily Mail)The Italy international is a reported target of Manchester City and the Italian media have claimed the midfielder is pondering a move away from the San Siro in January.
GENNARO Gattuso has no intention of leaving AC Milan, according to club coach Leonardo. (Daily Mail)
The Italy international is a reported target of Manchester City and the Italian media have claimed the midfielder is pondering a move away from the San Siro in January.
“I have spoken to [AC Milan club administrator Adriano] Galliani,” said Leonardo.
“I often speak to Gattuso and it's not true. There is no truth in claims that he wants to leave.”
You may also want to watch:
Gattuso has been playing less than last season partly due to injuries and also to Leonardo's rotation policy.
The 31-year-old has made seven league appearances this campaign and is currently sidelined with a muscular injury.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
“Gattuso's priority is to recover,” said Leonardo. “He is out injured and it's normal that a player who is recovering from injury is eager to come back to play. Milan's project is to use all the players we have available.”
Gattuso has been with the Rossoneri since 1999 and was a crucial member of the Italy squad which won the 2006 World Cup.
Team-mate Ronaldinho believes Gattuso, who is under contract with Milan until June 2011, is likely to stay put.
“Rino [Gattuso] is a good friend of mine,” he said. “He is the soul of this team and I expect him to remain here.”