Jabo Ibehre is all smiles after Colchester United triumph
- Credit: Richard Blaxall
Jabo Ibehre was all smiles at the final whistle, following the U’s impressive 2-0 win at Oldham on Saturday.
It was such a contrast to seven days earlier, when Ibehre and his team-mates were grim-faced following the 4-0 home defeat to Notts County.
Delighted with his fifth goal of the season, and the team’s fifth win of the season, Ibehre is now hoping that the U’s can make giant strides up the League One table.
“Everyone was hurt from last week,” admitted Ibehre.
“We realised we did not play as well as we could, and were not fulfilling our potential.
You may also want to watch:
“Last week was a real wake-up call.
“But today we bounced back together, as a unit. Definitely in that first half, especially, we showed the level we need to be operating at.
- 1 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 2 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 3 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 4 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 5 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 8 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 9 One person taken to hospital after A12 crash
- 10 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
“I hope we can now progress from here.”
After Latics left-back Ellis Plummer had diverted home Craig Eastmond’s cross for a seventh minute own goal, Ibehre doubled the lead from close range on 31 minutes to effectively seal the victory – the U’s first away success since the opening day 1-0 win at Gillingham.