Jabo is in a hurry
- Credit: Archant
JABO Ibehre believes that the U’s need five more wins, from their last 11 games, to be safe from relegation.
And the U’s two-goal marksman is in a rush to pocket those 15 points, which would boost the team’s tally to 53 points.
That means starting today, with what would be a third win on the bounce at Hartlepool this evening.
“We don’t do draws, as everyone knows, so you would say we need five wins to get safe,” confirmed Ibehre.
“It would be nice to win those five straight away, on the bounce, and get it out of the way.
You may also want to watch:
“We don’t want to be coming into April still being in trouble, that’s for sure.
“But we didn’t play like a relegation team at Stevenage. We passed the ball well and it’s pleasing that we are coping with the pressure.”
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 8 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
Ibehre netted the sixth and seventh goals of his season, a just reward for some fine displays in recent games.
“It’s the icing on the cake for me, these goals. Sometimes you don’t get those goals after good performances. I’m over the moon,” added Ibehre.
Ibehre should again link up with Freddie Sears up front at Victoria Park, if Sears is passed fit after taking a knock at Stevenage.