Jack's hat-trick puts Bury through
FA Youth cup 3rd qualifying roundBury Town 3 Huntingdon Town 0 BURY progressed to the next round, and a home tie with Walsall thanks to a 15 minute hat-trick by Jack MinnsFor most of the first half neither side looked like scoring and neither keeper had a shot to save.
FA Youth cup 3rd qualifying round
Bury Town 3 Huntingdon Town 0
BURY progressed to the next round, and a home tie with Walsall thanks to a 15 minute hat-trick by Jack Minns
For most of the first half neither side looked like scoring and neither keeper had a shot to save. Then on 39 minutes, Matt Chaplin fed Jack Minns, and he rounded the keeper to give Bury the lead.
Three minutes later Minns got clear down the right and his low drive was too hot for the keeper to handle.
Bury created several chances at the start of the second half, and they made the game safe after 54 minutes when Minns again got clear of the defence and fired a low drive into the far corner.
- 1 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 5 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 7 Ipswich Town 2-1 Accrington Stanley: Blues fight back to beat scrappy visitors
- 8 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 9 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 10 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
The visitors fought hard for a consolation but were unable to beat Pope in the home goal