Jake Nicholls lines up at Blaxhall as new season gets underway this weekend
- Credit: Archant
This Sunday sees the Woodbridge & DMCC host the opening round of the Bickers Lifting ACU Eastern Motocross Championship at the Blaxhall circuit near Woodbridge.
A full line up 160 riders will be competing in an exciting 12-race programme featuring both Experts and Juniors, in what will be a full day of racing action on the sandy Suffolk circuit.
The Expert line up will feature some of the Maxxis ACU British Championships leading riders including Ipswich-based Jake Nicholls on his Buildbase Honda competing against Bury St Edmunds Lewis Tombs and the likes of Dan Thornhill, Jake Shipton, Luke Norris and Tom Grimshaw who are all looking to gain some track knowledge in preparation for the British Championship round on May 6.
Lining up against the National stars are current ACU Eastern Champion Luke Benstead, and former champion Luke Parker, Declan Whittle, Shaun Southgate, George Grigg-Pettitt, Jake Edey, Brad Woodroffe, Brad Tomlin, and Jason Morland.
With such a strong line up the racing is sure to be fast and furious.
You may also want to watch:
While in the Junior class the fastest 40 Junior riders on the day will compete in the Junior Championship races with the remaining riders competing in two separate races.
Last year’s Champion Rheis Morter has moving up to the Expert ranks along with many others so there is sure to be some close racing as a new crop of local talent will all be looking to take an early championship lead at the top of the points standings.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 10 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
All the action starts at 9.30am with practice, followed by the first race after lunch.
Admission prices are £10 for adults and £5 for unaccompanied children, with the Blaxhall Circuit being located using the postcode IP17 1LG.