Jake Nicholls lines up at Blaxhall as new season gets underway this weekend
- Credit: Archant
This Sunday sees the Woodbridge & DMCC host the opening round of the Bickers Lifting ACU Eastern Motocross Championship at the Blaxhall circuit near Woodbridge.
A full line up 160 riders will be competing in an exciting 12-race programme featuring both Experts and Juniors, in what will be a full day of racing action on the sandy Suffolk circuit.
The Expert line up will feature some of the Maxxis ACU British Championships leading riders including Ipswich-based Jake Nicholls on his Buildbase Honda competing against Bury St Edmunds Lewis Tombs and the likes of Dan Thornhill, Jake Shipton, Luke Norris and Tom Grimshaw who are all looking to gain some track knowledge in preparation for the British Championship round on May 6.
Lining up against the National stars are current ACU Eastern Champion Luke Benstead, and former champion Luke Parker, Declan Whittle, Shaun Southgate, George Grigg-Pettitt, Jake Edey, Brad Woodroffe, Brad Tomlin, and Jason Morland.
With such a strong line up the racing is sure to be fast and furious.
While in the Junior class the fastest 40 Junior riders on the day will compete in the Junior Championship races with the remaining riders competing in two separate races.
Last year’s Champion Rheis Morter has moving up to the Expert ranks along with many others so there is sure to be some close racing as a new crop of local talent will all be looking to take an early championship lead at the top of the points standings.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 3 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 4 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 5 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 7 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 8 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 9 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
All the action starts at 9.30am with practice, followed by the first race after lunch.
Admission prices are £10 for adults and £5 for unaccompanied children, with the Blaxhall Circuit being located using the postcode IP17 1LG.