James completes U’s switch
Lloyd James has officially signed for Colchester United.
LLOYD James has officially signed for Colchester United.
The 22-year-old midfielder has been on trial at the U‘s since the start of pre-season having been released by Southampton at the end of the season.
He has played in all four of the Essex club’s pre-season friendlies so far, impressing manager John Ward with his range of passing in a deep-lying midfield role.
A former Wales Under-21 international, James came through the youth ranks at the Saints and has made over 71 appearances for the south coast club over the last four years.
You may also want to watch:
The majority of those came last season, the versatile player – who can also operate at full-back – featuring for Alan Pardew’s side on 40 occasions as they narrowly missed out on the League One play-offs following a 10 point deduction.
Meanwhile, fellow triallist Ben Coker – who was offered a contract at the same time as James last Friday – is expected to finalise his two-year before the end of the week. The 21-year-old left-sided specialist starred for Suffolk side Bury Town at step four of the non-league pyramid last season.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 8 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 9 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 10 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire