Jamie gets to last eight
GOLFSuffolk's Jamie Moul from Stoke by Nayland reached the quarter-finals of the English Amateur Championship at Burnham and Berrow Golf Club in Somerset.
Suffolk's Jamie Moul from Stoke by Nayland reached the quarter-finals of the English Amateur Championship at Burnham and Berrow Golf Club in Somerset.
He won his fourth round tie 4 and 3 against Todd Adcock of Nevill. Then Moul proved too strong for John Ambridge of Moor Park whom he beat 6 and 5 in the fifth round.
Today Moul meets Ben Parker, who is based in Germany, for a place in the semi-final. Yesterday Parker knocked out the holder, Paul Waring of Bromborough, 5 and 3.
You may also want to watch:
If Moul reaches the last four he could find himself up against Ross McGowan whom he beat in the quarter-finals of the British Amateur at Royal St Georges.
Chris Smith of FynnValley did well to reach the fourth round where he went down to the seeded Matthew Cryer of Coventry by 2 and 1.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 4 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 5 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 6 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 7 Channel 4 documentary to be filmed at Suffolk pub
- 8 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following three-car crash near Bury St Edmunds
Essex are represented by teenage Walker Cup player Ollie Fisher from West Essex. Fisher beat Alex Kippen of Enmore Park 3 and 2 in the fourth round and made further progress with a 4 and 3 win over Charles Ford of Kirby Muxlow to reach the last eight in which he faces fellow England international Adam Gee.
Rhys Piper of Rochford Hundred beat Ben Rickett of Surbiton 2 and 1 in the fourth round but then went down by the same margin to Gary Boyd of Cherwell Edge in the fifth.
Fifth round results: Ross McGowan (Banstead Downs) beat Daniel Willett (Rotherham) one up, Gary Boyd (Cherwell Edge) beat Rhys Piper (Rochford Hundred) 2 and 1, Jamie Moul (Stoke by Nayland) beat John Ambridge (Moor Park) 6 and 5, Ben Parker (Germany) beat Paul Waring (Bromborough) 5 and 3, Matthew Cryer (Coventry) beat Alex Rule (Hartley Wintney) 5 and 4, Kevin Kean (Ashton-on-Mersey) beat Paul Thomas (West Bradford) 2 and 1, Oliver Fisher (West Essex) beat Charles Ford (Kirby Muxloe) 4 and 3, Adam Gee (Leatherhead) beat Stephen Lewton (Woburn) 3 and 2.