Jamie Guy on the comeback trail for Braintree Town
BRAINTREE Town manager Alan Devonshire revealed Jamie Guy’s impending return to the Iron fold paved the way for Chib Chilaka to leave the club for Harrogate Town this week.
Guy was unlikely to have featured in today’s postponed game with Lincoln City but could be in Devonshire’s plans for the visit of Southport to the Amlin Stadium, next Saturday.
The 24-year-old has not played since suffering a double open fractured leg against Eastleigh in February and the injury was so severe that then-manager Rod Stringer said the first priority was to see the striker walk again.
Chilaka, the powerful Nigerian striker, has been a bit-part player for the Iron and after just two goals for the club, was allowed to leave for the Blue Square Bet North side, a club where he scored three times on loan last season.
“Chib wants to be playing football and I understand that, so where he has gone represents a good move for him,” said Devonshire.
“Jamie Guy is back training with the team now and depending on how he does for the reserves, he might be on the bench for the Southport game.
“Jamie’s return probably made it easier for me to let Chib go and I would like to think that his exit may allow me to bring someone in on loan.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 5 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 7 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten
“As for Jamie, it has been a long, hard road back and I won’t be putting too much emphasis on him.
“It will be more of a case of me looking at him for next season. I am not going to be rushing the lad.”