Jamie in seventh heaven
WESTERFIELD United joint player manager Jamie Sandilands was in seventh heaven when he was one of three Kingsley Healthcare SIL players representing the Eastern Region in the first round of the Civil Service national HMRC cup.
Ian Watson from Felixstowe United and Tom Allnut from Cedars Park were also involved in the game against Yorkshire HMRC at Cornard United.
The Eastern Region won 15-0 with Watson captaining the side and both Sandilands and Allnutt scoring first half hat-tricks as the home team led 6-0 at the break.
The second half was even more dominant with Sandilands netting four more – and missing a penalty. Watson scored the 15th with a bullet header in the dying minutes.
The winners now face Newcastle away in the quarter-final with manager Richard Walmsley ruling out an overnight stay.
You may also want to watch:
“This is after previous experiences on away trips,” he said. “But we might stay over afterwards.”
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies