Fen Tigers head north for top-of-the-table clash as Kemp moves to No.1 and Jenkins returns
- Credit: Archant
Mildenhall Fen Tigers visit the National Stadium tomorrow evening for a top-of-the-table clash against the Belle Vue Colts.
The Fen Tigers moved ahead of their opponents to the top of the National League table following Saturday evening’s victory over Coventry.
Club captain Jordan Jenkins returns to the team following a near three month absence with a back injury and with Sam Bebee now back in the fold, returning a fine paid eight from reserve in his comeback meeting against Coventry, the Fen Tigers are back to their starting seven.
The ‘Colts’ are without number one Jack Smith and draft in Buxton’s Ben Wilson as cover.
The Fen Tigers have a new No.1 themselves as the August averages come in, 15-year-old Drew Kemp has moved from reserve to the top position adding in excess of six points to his starting average!
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Jolly is looking for another victory in the chase for a play-off place.
“We go into Wednesday’s fixture unbeaten in the league and we must look to continue this run and the way we are riding I see no reason why we cannot come home with the points,” he said.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 3 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 4 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 5 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Matchday Live: Cook makes four changes as Town take on Pompey
- 8 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 9 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth
- 10 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
“We have great respect for our hosts and their track certainly has some home advantage, but we are scoring points everywhere in the team and we match up well against them rider for rider.
“I am pleased we can welcome back Jordan (Jenkins) after two strong workouts before and after Saturday evenings meetings and I would like to put on record my thanks to Danny Halsey and his father John for all their efforts in support of the club during the period Jordan was out.
“Both are very important people in our recent successful history and are always welcome at Mildenhall.”
Mildenhall ‘KJM/Manchetts’ Fen Tigers: 1. Drew Kemp 9.03 2. Ryan Kinsley 8.96 3. Josh Bailey 8.42 4. Jordan Jenkins (c) 7.19 5. Danny Ayres 8.17 6. Matt Marson 4.77 7. Sam Bebee 3.00 TM - Phil Kirk
Belle Vue Colts: 1. Ben Wilson 8.48 2. Ben Woodhull 5.45 3. Kyle Bickley 8.48 4. Joe Lawlor 6.81 5. Tom Perry (c) 7.83 6. Paul Bowen 3.00 7. Kean Dicken 3.00 TM Steve Williams and Graham Goodwin