Joe Dunne only has “fish-and-chip” money to spend on a new loan player
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United boss, Joe Dunne, admits that he only has “fish-and-chip” money to spend, if he is to bolster his squad with a loan signing.
Dunne is considering a move to bring in a new loan striker, if target man Jabo Ibehre’s current injury woes do not clear up quickly.
Dunne revealed: “It’s aggravating me a little bit, because one minute I have got Jabo, and the next I haven’t got him.
“The problem is around the pelvic into the hamstring area, where there is some general stiffness.
“It didn’t respond in the warm-up on Friday, and I’m not going to give it too many more days. I haven’t got time to hang about.
You may also want to watch:
“Jabo is an important player for us, but I’ll have to activate a transfer if I can’t get him fit.
“Clinton (Morrison) is doing ever so well up front, holding up the ball and taking a lot of heat.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 6 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 10 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
“He is being kicked from pillar to post, and there’ only so much he will be able to take, we’ve got to look after him.
“I’ve got someone in mind, whom I have already made an enquiry about.
“But it’s all about timing.
“If I lose my left-back, then I haven’t got another left-back, and I’ve only got fish-and-chip money to bring one in.
“So I have to be double careful, I have to be so careful where the money goes.
“So it’s a balancing act at the moment, but I know exactly who I want if I need to get someone,” added Dunne.
The U’s entertain Bradford City tomorrow evening.