Joe Dunne salutes an awesome display from Sam Walker
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United boss, Joe Dunne, saluted his goalkeeper Sam Walker for a superb display during this afternoon’s goalless draw at MK Dons.
Walker was in tremendous form between the sticks, especially during the final quarter of the game when he pulled off a series of terrific saves to thwart the dominant Dons.
“When needed, he was reliable,” explained Dunne.
“That’s the goalkeeper’s job, and that’s what Sam does very, very well.
“He is paid to do that, but his saves were exceptional.
You may also want to watch:
“Most of the shots were limited to long range, but he saw some of the shots late and his reactions were very good.
“You need your goalkeeper to play well at places like this, and Sam did. We are grateful to him,” added Dunne.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
The U’s now face a fight to keep Walker beyond his initial loan spell from Chelsea, which expires in a fortnight’s time.
On today’s performance, the 22-year-old could be hot property in the transfer market, either on a permanent or loan basis.