John-Joe O’Toole fit to face Tranmere
JOHN-Joe O’Toole hobbled after just two minutes of the second-half of last weekend’s 1-1 home draw against Sheffield United, but he is fighting fit for Saturday’s trip to Tranmere.
In fact, Colchester United boss John Ward has a full squad at his disposal, with no injuries and no suspensions.
Ward revealed this afternoon: “John-Joe is fine, in fact everyone is fine.
“John-Joe took a knock against Sheffield United. He wanted to try and run it off in the second half, and was ready to do that, but some of his team-mates alerted me to the fact that he wasn’t right.
“In the end, it was something out of nothing, but we weren’t sure at the time,” added Ward.
You may also want to watch:
O’Toole has formed a strong partnership with Marcus Bean in central midfield at the start of this season.
While the U’s have drawn their first three league games, Saturday’s hosts Tranmere are flying high in second spot with two wins and a draw.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 8 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 9 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 10 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store