Catch up on what was said in today’s Ipswich Town web chat
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town head into the second international break of the season placed eighth in the Championship table with a game in hand on many – so how do you reflect on the start to 2017/18?
Mick McCarthy’s men have won six and lost four of their opening 10 league games. Only Hull have scored more goals than their 20, with only five teams (including the bottom four) have conceded more than their 16.
The average position of the six teams beaten – Millwall (14th), Barnsley (19th), Brentford (19th), Birmingham (22nd), Sunderland (23rd) and Bolton (24th) – is 20th.
Two of the four teams they’ve lost to – Bristol City (4th) and Leeds (5th) – are flying high, with Fulham in 10th and QPR placed 16th.
There was a rare win first round win in the Carabao Cup (2-0 at League Two side Luton), followed by a gallant 2-1 defeat for the youngest team in the club’s history at Premier League side Crystal Palace.
You may also want to watch:
What have you made of the new signings and style of play? Who is going to play when everyone is fit? Have your expectations for the season changed?
Blues reporter Stuart Watson hosted a live web chat this lunchtime to reflect on the start to the season and look ahead at the games to come – third-place Sheffield United away a week on Saturday, followed by the East Anglian derby with Norwich City at Portman Road on Sunday 22, October.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 9 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win