Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Stoke linked with £1million Knudsen bid
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Stoke City have been linked with a £1million move for Ipswich Town left back Jonas Knudsen.
The Telegraph is reporting the Potters have made an offer for the Danish full-back, who only rejoined the Ipswich squad last week following a summer at the World Cup with Denmark.
The 25-year-old, who became a father for the first time while he was away at the tournament in Russia, is entering the final year of his contract with the Blues.
It is understood the Dane was being monitored by a number of clubs earlier this summer, both from England and Europe, in the wake of playing Denmark’s World Cup last 16 clash against Croatia.
Ahead of his return to Suffolk, new Ipswich manager Paul Hurst insisted Knudsen would need to hit the ground running if he was to earn a place in his side, while admitting talks regarding a potential new deal are not on the agenda at this stage.
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t feel there’s a conversation to be had (about his future) at this moment in time,” Hurst said. “If he sees it that he’s in the last year of his contract and thinks he’s going to start looking elsewhere then I can’t do anything about that. I might not want him.
Ipswich have made an offer for another left-back, Conor Townsend, already this summer with the defender ultimately joining West Bromwich Albion.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 5 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 6 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 7 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 10 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash