Jonny Williams: Decision to join Ipswich Town on-loan from Crystal Palace was ‘no-brainer’
Ipswich Town have completed the deadline day loan signing of Wales international midfielder, Jonny Williams.
The 22-year-old Crystal Palace midfielder has arrived at Portman Road on a season-long loan deal - a move which represents his fourth temporary spell with the Blues.
Williams, who is currently injured (ankle) but hopes to be back before the next international break in October, made one start for Wales in Euro 2016 and spent time on-loan at MK Dons last season.
He initially joined Town during the 2013-14 season and returned the following season, but saw his second spell cut short after he sustained an injury against Watford.
He returned towards the end of that campaign for a third spell, as Ipswich reached the play-offs, but featured just twice, in games against Huddersfield and Blackpool.
You may also want to watch:
“I am really excited to be back,” said Williams.
“This is my fourth time back here and I am delighted to get it done and signed and really looking forward hopefully to another successful loan spell here.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 4 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 5 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 6 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 7 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 8 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
“It’s a great feeling (to be back) I had some great moments here, especially in my first and second loan spells here and if it was not for a couple of bad tackles, who would have known what would have happened.”
“I played some of my best football under Mick and TC, so it was a no-brainer to come back here.
“Hopefully I can help this team with a few more goals and assists and help them get where they want to be in the Premiership and in and around the play-off spots.”