‘Wow... yellow again’ - Graham’s Oxford loan move confirmed
- Credit: Archant
Jordan Graham’s expected loan move to Oxford United has been confirmed, bringing his time at Ipswich Town to an end.
The winger has been training with the League One club since Ipswich boss Paul Lambert made it clear the 23-year-old, who played under him at Wolves and Aston Villa, was not in his plans.
His loan with the Blues, from Wolves, will be terminated and he will join Oxford on January 2, having made just four appearance during a disappointing temporary spell at Portman Road.
Graham announced his move to Oxford with a video message on Christmas Day: “As I’m sure you’re all aware I’ve been training at Oxford for the last six weeks,” he said.
“I’m absolutely loving it and I’m pleased to announce I will be signing on January 2 for the rest of the season on loan.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m over the moon and I feel so happy to be back.”
Oxford boss Karl Robinson told the Oxford Mail: “He put the shirt on the other day and his words were ‘wow, yellow again’.
“That was nice to see the desire that he has shown to want to play for the club.
- 1 These are the neighbourhoods in Suffolk where Covid rates are still rising
- 2 Campaign against two more solar farms gathers strength in Suffolk villages
- 3 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 4 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 5 'I thought we were really good' - Lambert's assessment of dire 1-0 home loss to Peterborough
- 6 Matchday Recap: Town lose as McGuinness puts through his own net
- 7 Man who had sex with underage girl avoids prison
- 8 Ipswich Town 0-1 Peterborough United: Toothless Town beaten as McGuinness own goal settles it
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 home loss to Peterborough United
- 10 Covid-19 cases continue to fall across region, latest statistics show
“He’s taking care of his accommodation himself.
“He’s just got a place in Bicester - there’s not too many clubs you can commute to from there.”
Graham’s departure means the Blues currently have four loan players; Matthew Pennington, Trevoh Chalobah, Tayo Edun and Janoi Donacien.
The latter’s loan move is due to become permanent in a £750,000 move once work permit issues are resolved.