Josh Webster extends Porsche Carrera Cup GB lead
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Stowmarket’s Josh Webster extended his lead in the Porsche Carrera Cup GB to 14 points, with two rounds to go, at Rockingham, at the weekend.
The 20-year-old took two second places at the Northamptonshire track, finishing behind his closest rival Michael Meadows in the first race and Paul Rees in the second.
Crucially, Meadows suffered fuel pump problems in round 15 to leave put Webster back in the ascendancy, having restricted the gap to just three points by the end of the first race.
For Rees there was much to celebrate with his first Porsche win after a very competitive weekend.
Meadows scored his 50th Carrera Cup podium in the opening race while Rees became the 30th Carrera Cup race winner from 234 races.
You may also want to watch:
Next up for Webster, a former Suffolk One pupil, is the round at Silverstone on the weekend of September 27 and 28 where he will hope to extend his advantage.
Standings after round 15: 1 Josh Webster 282; 2 Michael Meadows 268; 3 Paul Rees 199.
- 1 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 6 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time