Joy for Button as he wins Canadian Grand Prix
FORMULA ONE: Jenson Button secured arguably the greatest win of his Formula One career at the end of an epic Canadian Grand Prix.
It was a rain-hit race that had everything, but it boiled down to the last lap just as the clock had also hit the two-hour limit.
Reigning champion Sebastian Vettel was hounded into making an error by Button, sliding wide at one stage to open the door, with the 31-year-old needing no second invitation.
Button then made it to the line for a sensational victory, the tenth of his career, and first since last year’s Chinese Grand Prix now 14 months ago.
An emotional Button described the win as possibly the best of his career.
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t know what to say - if I hadn’t won I would still have enjoyed the race immensely, but it was a fantastic win,” he said.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 3 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 4 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 6 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 7 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
- 8 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 9 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 10 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?