‘Kane’s going to be out for a right long time... months’ - Vincent-Young injury a major blow for Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town wing-back Kane Vincent-Young is set for ‘months’ on the sidelines.
Vincent-Young hasn't featured for the Blues since the victory at Southend at the end of October, subsequently undergo what was said to be a successful groin operation in the aftermath of that.
But, following tonight's 0-0 draw with Wycombe, manager Paul Lambert revealed the defender is due to be sidelined for 'months' with a new injury to his adductor muscles.
"Kane is going to be out for a right long time," Lambert said.
"I've just found out myself, but he's going to be out for a while.
"It's a different injury to what he had. It came from the Southend game. It's up in the adductor area.
"That's going to be a bit of a blow. It will be a few months I think.
- 1 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 2 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 6 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 7 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 8 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 9 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 10 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk ahead of Storm Barra's arrival
"It's a blow but (Janoi) Donacien has gone in and been excellent for us. We just have to get on with it."
Donacien has played the last five games, performing consistently well as both a right-back and wing-back.