‘Kane’s going to be out for a right long time... months’ - Vincent-Young injury a major blow for Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town wing-back Kane Vincent-Young is set for ‘months’ on the sidelines.
Vincent-Young hasn't featured for the Blues since the victory at Southend at the end of October, subsequently undergo what was said to be a successful groin operation in the aftermath of that.
But, following tonight's 0-0 draw with Wycombe, manager Paul Lambert revealed the defender is due to be sidelined for 'months' with a new injury to his adductor muscles.
"Kane is going to be out for a right long time," Lambert said.
"I've just found out myself, but he's going to be out for a while.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a different injury to what he had. It came from the Southend game. It's up in the adductor area.
"That's going to be a bit of a blow. It will be a few months I think.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 4 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 7 North Stander: Norwich will be back in Championship - can we join them?
- 8 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
- 9 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 10 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
"It's a blow but (Janoi) Donacien has gone in and been excellent for us. We just have to get on with it."
Donacien has played the last five games, performing consistently well as both a right-back and wing-back.