Kayode Odejayi hopeful of quick return against Spireites
COLCHESTER United boss, John Ward, was annoyed with the late challenge on Kayode Odejayi that restricted the big striker to just four minutes on the pitch on Saturday.
However, the good news for the U’s is that Odejayi, despite looking set to sit out training until Friday, should be fit for this Saturday’s home game against lowly Chesterfield.
Introduced as a 73rd minute substitute, during the 1-1 home draw against Scunthorpe, Odejayi hobbled off with an ankle injury before he could make an impact on the game.
Ward explained: “Kay took a blow on the ankle, and it swelled up quite badly.
“It was frustrating that the challenge went unpunished and unnoticed by most people, but it happened right in front of us, near the touch-line.
You may also want to watch:
“It wasn’t a stamp, but there are stud marks on his ankle.
“Kay is a tough guy. He will not train until Friday, but we have high hopes of him being fit for the weekend.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 5 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 6 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 7 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 9 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 10 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
Last Saturday’s injury was rough luck on target man Odejayi, who had only just recovered from a toe problem.