Kem Izzet, a would-be Colchester United manager’s contender, leaves Needham Market
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Kem Izzet, who has thrown his hat in the ring for the vacant Colchester United’s manager’s job, has today left Needham Market.
Former U’s midfielder Izzet would love to be given the chance to succeed Kevin Keen as manager of his old club.
But in a dramatic turn of events today, Izzet and his former Colchester stalwart Karl Duguid have both left Bloomfields, as the Ryman Premier club seek to revamp their backroom staff.
Izzet has been Needham’s club captain this season, in addition to being head of their Academy, while Duguid has been reserve team captain in addition to having a leading role in the youth set-up.
Needham Market have issued the following club statement:
You may also want to watch:
‘Needham Market FC Academy has reorganised due to necessity and subsequently Academy Managers Kem Izzet and Karl Duguid and Head of Recruitment Jon Willis will no longer be involved with the Academy.
‘We would like to place on record our thanks to them for their dedication and completely professional attitude over the past year, and wish them all the best for the future.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad
‘We hope to be in a position to announce the new structure within a week.’