Kem Izzet, a would-be Colchester United manager’s contender, leaves Needham Market
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Kem Izzet, who has thrown his hat in the ring for the vacant Colchester United’s manager’s job, has today left Needham Market.
Former U’s midfielder Izzet would love to be given the chance to succeed Kevin Keen as manager of his old club.
But in a dramatic turn of events today, Izzet and his former Colchester stalwart Karl Duguid have both left Bloomfields, as the Ryman Premier club seek to revamp their backroom staff.
Izzet has been Needham’s club captain this season, in addition to being head of their Academy, while Duguid has been reserve team captain in addition to having a leading role in the youth set-up.
Needham Market have issued the following club statement:
‘Needham Market FC Academy has reorganised due to necessity and subsequently Academy Managers Kem Izzet and Karl Duguid and Head of Recruitment Jon Willis will no longer be involved with the Academy.
‘We would like to place on record our thanks to them for their dedication and completely professional attitude over the past year, and wish them all the best for the future.
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 2 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 3 Town closing in on deal for experienced defender Keogh
- 4 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 5 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 6 'Childhood dream' as opening date nears for Suffolk coastal restaurant
- 7 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 8 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 9 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 10 Farmer 'heartbroken' as land sees fourth fire in 10 days
‘We hope to be in a position to announce the new structure within a week.’