Kerry's touring car championship aim
IPSWICH driver Rick Kerry and Nick Leason hope to join forces in a two-car assault in the 2008 HIQ MSA British touring car championship.If the move comes off they will be driving the newly developed Bio Diesel BMW 120D.
IPSWICH driver Rick Kerry and Nick Leason hope to join forces in a two-car assault in the 2008 HIQ MSA British touring car championship.
If the move comes off they will be driving the newly developed Bio Diesel BMW 120D.
Team AFM and NJL Racing have announced plans to run a two-car bio-diesel Team.
With development under way, the team have been able to get a group of companies on board that are helping to achieve the development of the car to the next level of performance and competitiveness for 2008.
You may also want to watch:
Kerry raced a BMW 120D bio-fuel last year concentrating on reliability, which he showed throughout the season.
Northampton-based Leason, however, had a very disappointing and frustrating second year in the BTCC, racing a Lexus. He was parked up on the side of the track most of the time due to unreliability engine problems.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 6 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 8 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
Team AFM approached Leason towards the end of last season to work with Kerry to develop and test the car to the next level for 2008.
Kerry had an impressive season in 2007 to achieve what he did with the first diesel car in touring car history, but now wants to improve with performance and results for 2008 which they feel they can both achieve during the season.
Leason and Kerry hope to start their testing programme at the end of this month.