Kevin Bru and Kieffer Moore are injury doubts for Ipswich Town’s trip to Cardiff City
- Credit: James Ager
Kevin Bru and Kieffer Moore missed training this morning, Bru with a bang to his knee and Moore with a groin strain - throwing doubt over whether they will be fit for Ipswich Town’s match against Cardiff City on Saturday.
Steven Taylor has returned to training but will not be risked against the Bluebirds, and instead will be in the Town under-23s team for their game on Monday.
David McGoldrick and Tom Lawrence, both returned to training today, after sitting out sessions earlier in the week, and should be fine, while Jonny Williams has recovered from a tight hamstring.
Luke Hyam (ankle ligaments) will be out for around four to six weeks.
Manager Mick McCarthy, speaking at today’s pre-Cardiff press conference, said: “Kevin Bru got a bang on his knee and missed training today and Kieffer Moore had a slight groin strain and thought he was going to train today, but he hasn’t, so those two are a bit of a doubt at the moment, I will wait and see.
You may also want to watch:
“Didzy (McGoldrick) hadn’t trained until today and he’s fine, Tom Lawrence hadn’t, and he’s fine, so other than that we are as we are.”
He added: “Luke Hyam has damaged his ankle ligaments and is going to be out for four to six weeks.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
“That was a real terrible blow for him and he will be glad to see the back of this season I am sure, then start again next year.
“Jonny Williams had a tight hamstring but trained yesterday and today and he’s looked great so he is back at it.”