Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Moore close to £750,000 Barnsley move - reports
Ipswich Town striker Kieffer Moore has had a medical ahead of a move to Championship side Barnsley, according to national newspaper reports.
The striker, who scored 13 goals on loan at Rotherham during the first half of the season, with the Millers, Peterborough and Bradford all known to have made offers for the 25-year-old.
Peterborough withdrew from the race to sign Moore yesterday over concerns regarding the finances of any deal, thought to be related to wages, with Daily Mail transfer guru Simon Jones now reporting the striker is close to a £750,000 move to Championship side Barnsley.
The report was updated to claim Moore will undergo a medical with the Oakwell club on Monday, ahead of finalising a move to the side recently taken over by a consortium including a Chinese billionaire and Billy Beane - the man behind baseball’s ‘Moneyball’.
Writing on Twitter on Thursday, Peterborough owner Darragh MacAnthony hinted he knew where Moore would ultimately end up and admitted the striker’s new wage was out of his side’s reach.
“(Deal) was (agreed) with Ipswich but we don’t pay players nearly 5 figures per week in wages which is what he’s getting at new club he is going to. We are Peterborough United not Man United. Good luck to the fella.”
You may also want to watch:
Moore joined the Blues from Forest Green Rovers for £20,000 last January, with the League Two side due a small sell-on fee related to Town’s profit if and when Moore is sold.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw