Ipswich Witches riders finish second and fourth in British Final
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
British Final, Belle Vue National Stadium
Ipswich Witches riders Danny King and Chris Harris just missed out on the British title despite both getting to the final at Belle Vue - the meeting was won by Peterborough's Charles Wright.
King, who won the title in 2016, finished top of the pile after all riders had five rides during the heats, while Harris did enough to reach the semis after notching 11.
In that semi Harris finished second behind Wright to book his place in the last four.
But King could only finish second after passing Craig Cook in the final, with Wright already well ahead. Harris never threatened in the final.
You may also want to watch:
Harris had won the British title in 2007, 2009 and 2010.
On an exciting night of racing, Wright made the best start in the final and rode a brave first lap to pull away from Cook, who King passed on his way into second
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 3 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 6 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
Ipswich's other representatives, Edward Kennett and Richard Lawson and Mildenhall's Danny Ayres all failed to make the semi-finals.
The Witches entertain Belle Vue at Foxhall on Thursday.