Kirkley part company with manager Paul Tong
- Credit: Archant © 2012
KIRKLEY & Pakefield have parted company with first-team manager Paul Tong.
The club finished 12th in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division this season.
A statement on the club’s website said: “In his time at the club, Paul achieved two mid-table finishes, and had the courage to play a number of players from the club’s youth team set up, allowing them to experience first-team football.
“The club now wish to be pushing onwards towards the top end of the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division next season, and see a new manager as the way forward, in achieving this goal.
“Everyone at the club would like to thank Paul and his team for everything that they have done for the club, in their 2 year reign. Paul will always be welcomed back to Walmer Road, and we wish him every success in his future footballing adventures.”
You may also want to watch:
The club is expected to make an announcement in the next few days as to who will be Tong’s successor.
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 8 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 9 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit