Knudsen hopes Fulham goal is first of many for Ipswich Town
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Jonas Knudsen hopes his first Ipswich Town goal is the first of many, after earning the Blues a point against Fulham last night.
Moussa Dembele’s strike saw the Blues head into stoppage time a goal down at Portman Road, in what was a largely forgettable contest, before David McGoldrick and Freddie Sears combined to tee up Knudsen to fire home off the bar.
The Dane has been one of Ipswich’s most consistent players in recent weeks and said recently that he felt his first goal was coming, and now he has found the net he’s hopeful of doing so more regularly.
“It was nice to get a goal, I will always keep going and try to do my best when I go in the box, and I like to get the goal and make the fans a little bit happier,” he said.
“It’s important because we didn’t want to lose so I’m happy with that, although we should have done better.
“It was brilliant, I’ve had some chances recently and I knew it would come, so it’s nice that it has now, but hopefully I will get more in the last three games.”
You may also want to watch:
Knudsen accepted a point was a fair return on a night where the Blues were far from their best, but the Dane was pleased his side kept battling.
“I think a point is fair and it wasn’t the best game for us,” he said.
- 1 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 2 Matchday Live: Live updates as Town take on Cambridge
- 3 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 4 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 5 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 8 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 9 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
“We could all see that but we kept going, like we did at Sheffield, and it’s brilliant for the lads.
“You have to take your chances and we did that.”