Lacklustre Bury crushed in defeat
Ryman League Division One NorthEnfield Town 3 Bury Town 0THREE goals in the final half-hour gave Enfield a deserved victory over a strangely lacklustre Bury Town team.
Ryman League Division One North
Enfield Town 3
Bury Town 0
THREE goals in the final half-hour gave Enfield a deserved victory over a strangely lacklustre Bury Town team.
You may also want to watch:
The first half was largely uneventful, and although Enfield had the major share of the play, neither side were able to seriously trouble the keepers. Enfield did have one effort disallowed and put in numerous high crosses which caused the Bury defence some problems.
Bury started the second half more brightly, but their final ball often lacked accuracy.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 3 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 8 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 9 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 10 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
Enfield fought back, and it was no surprise when in the 64th minute Crace broke the deadlock with a fierce drive into the roof of the net after Goody had made a fine save and the ball had cannoned back off the underside of the bar.
Enfield doubled their lead after 76 minutes when Crace rose above a static Bury defence to head home a free-kick from the right.
Bury brought on all three substitutes in an effort to reduce the arrears, but were unable to create a clear-cut chance.
Enfield sealed their victory in the last minute of stoppage time, when Richie scored with a stunning volley from the edge of the box.