Last heat 4-2 and Witches grab a draw at Sheffield
Sheffield Tigers 45 Ipswich Witches 45
Ipswich ‘Sackers’ Witches picked up two more points, this time at Sheffield, as they march towards the Premier League play-offs.
Jason Doyle, guesting for the injured Ben Barker, won the final race and top-scored with 14, while captain Leigh Lanham picked up third.
The Witches are now awaiting the outcome of Barker’s injury. The Ipswich No.1 crushed a vertabrae in a crash at Birmingham on Wednesday night.
Should he need an operation, it may be his season is over.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday night, the Witches are at home to Plymouth in the Premier League, tapes up 7.45pm
Scorers from Sheffield
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Sheffield: R Lawson 8, A Compton 13, R Wells 15, D Maassen 1, R/R, O Greenwood 3+2, F Albin 5+1
Ipswich: J Doyle 14, C Heeps 3, R Tungate 4+2, L Lanham 10, M Risager 6, A Ellis 4, R Hawkins 4+2