League leaders rocked by injury blow
RIDGEONS League Premier Division leaders Leiston have been rocked by the injury of front man Michael Brothers. Brothers was injured by a late tackle late in the home win against Wroxham on Saturday and currently has his right leg in plaster from thigh to toe.
RIDGEONS League Premier Division leaders Leiston have been rocked by the injury of front man Michael Brothers.
Brothers was injured by a late tackle late in the home win against Wroxham on Saturday and currently has his right leg in plaster from thigh to toe.
It is not clear at this stage of the extent of his injury but it does not look promising and he could be out for several months. Brothers, who had just returned from a calf injury, has scored six times this season including the opener on Saturday.
Also on the Leiston injury table is keeper Jamie Stannard, who suffered an injury earlier in the season and has missed the last seven matches. Stannard looks like missing the next fortnight as his recuperation from a torn chest muscle has not healed sufficiently while midfielder Leon Ottley-Gooch has a leg injury but it is hopeful he could return next week.
You may also want to watch:
Leiston travel to Bugbrooke in Northamptonshire on Saturday in the FA Vase and will also be without skipper Stuart Boardley who faces a one-match suspension after accumulating five bookings.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season