MATCHDAY RECAP: Colchester United hit back to earn 1-1 draw at Mansfield Town
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Follow all the action and reaction as we bring you live coverage of Colchester United’s EFL League Two match against Mansfield Town at Field Mill.
Brandon Comley celebrated the first goal of his career to rescue a point for Colchester United, at high-flying Mansfield Town this afternoon.
Kane Hemmings had put the Stags 1-0 up in the 22nd minute, but Comley equalised early in the second period.
Normally, this would be conceded a good point on the road, against tough opposition, although the U’s really needed all three points to get their play-off bid back on track.
The U’s defence was caught out by a long ball over the top, delivered by keeper Conrad Logan, for the game’s opening goal.
You may also want to watch:
Hemmings was the quickest to react, arriving before Sam Walker to clip the ball over the U’s keeper and into an empty net from eight yards out.
• Re-live all the action and get the best reaction from Carl Marston in the blog above
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 6 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 7 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 8 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints