Leeds United midfielder Toumani Diagouraga departs Ipswich Town – would you like to see him back?
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Leeds United midfielder Toumani Diagouraga has seen his loan spell at Ipswich Town prematurely cut short due a groin injury.
The 29-year-old found himself out in the cold at Elland Road during the first half of the season and subsequently joined the Blues on a half-season loan in January.
He made an instant impact with some positive displays at the start of February, but has been in-and-out of the side since.
A groin injury kept Diagouraga out of last weekend’s 1-0 home loss to Sheffield Wednesday and the ex-Brentford man departs having made 10 starts and two sub appearances.
The Frenchman has indicated that he would be interested in joining Ipswich on a permanent basis in the summer. He has another year left on his Leeds contract but appears to be out of Garry Monk’s plans.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking last week, Blues boss Mick McCarthy said he would speak to loan players about their futures following Sunday’s season-finale at Nottingham Forest (12pm ko).
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 6 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 8 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 10 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest