Leiston St Margarets battle back for draw in a thriller
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
SIL Senior Benhall St Mary 3 Leiston St Margarets 3 Two goals in the final five minutes of this thrilling derby saw Leiston St Margarets grab a well-deserved 3-3 draw against Benhall St Mary.
In front of a large crowd, it was Benhall, the league-leaders, who drew first blood courtesy of Chris Sillett’s low drive from the edge of the box.
The Badgers doubled their lead through Tom Winter when second-bottom Saints couldn’t clear their lines.
But Saints pulled a goal back 10 minutes before half-time when former Red Seb Miller turned Charlie Morgan’s excellent cross into his own net.
St Margarets continued to take the game to Benhall in the second half, but fell further behind when a nicely-worked team move saw Sillett smartly finish.
You may also want to watch:
Saints never gave up and with five minutes to go, Will Ridgard gave them hope after meeting Tane Backhouse’s cross to make it 3-2.
Substitute Sam Cloke then won a penalty in injury-time which Backhouse smashed in with one of the last kicks of the game.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout