Leiston decimated by injury after injury
LEISTON have been rocked further by injury as they enter the latter part of the season.Striker Chris Sillett broke his leg at Wisbech Town on Saturday in an innocuous challenge and also damaged ankle ligament damage.
LEISTON have been rocked further by injury as they enter the latter part of the season.
Striker Chris Sillett broke his leg at Wisbech Town on Saturday in an innocuous challenge and also damaged ankle ligament damage.
Sillett has played in 46 of Leiston's 51 games to date this season scoring 11 goals but looks to be sidelined for some time. Further to this, leading scorer Lee McGlone damaged his back at work and looks likely to miss the remainder of the season.
McGlone who has hit 23 goals in 39 appearances, missed the home win against Wivenhoe Town last night and with only six weeks remaining of the season, it is unlikely he will feature again. Judd Chenery was the victim of a poor challenge last night and left the field after just 11 minutes although the status of his injury is unknown.
You may also want to watch:
Striker James Rowe may be on the bench Saturday while there was some good news as defender David Head made his first appearance since January last night, coming on for the remaining 14 minutes.
- 1 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 2 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 5 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 6 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 7 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 8 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 10 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'