Leiston FC help Futurestars charity by donating old kit
- Credit: Archant
Leiston Football Club have handed over their old football kits to the Futurestars Charity, run by former Ipswich Town star Simon Milton.
Futurestars is an education-through-sports programme that offers weekly sports coaching sessions, run by qualified coaches, to underprivileged children in Tema, Ghana, and Lomé, Togo.
Milton is charity director, while former Town man Titus Bramble is an Ambassador and lead coach, while former Blue, Terry Butcher, is also a patron.
"We take kit out to Africa in 20ft-containers, I'm off to Togo soon," Milton said.
"We take boxes of kit out there and teams like Leiston donate it when it is no use to them.
You may also want to watch:
"Arsenal and Ipswich Town have also donated old kit. We are so grateful to all who donate.
"There are other local businesses, like the Co-op who do much for us as well."
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 3 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 6 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 7 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 8 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 9 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 10 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight