Leiston progress into semi-finals of Suffolk Premier Cup
- Credit: Archant
Leiston edged past Brantham Athletic 2-1 last night to put themselves in the hat for the semi-finals of the Suffolk Premier Cup.
Kieran Lawler gave The Imps an early lead from the spot after Danny Gay brought down Lee Grimwood before goals from new-boy Simon Thomas and Joe Jefford turned the game on its head for Leiston.
Lawler hit the bar in the dying minutes for hosts Brantham but Leiston, three times runners-up of the competition, held on to cement their place alongside Needham Market and Felixstowe & Walton United in the semi-finals of the prestigious competition.
Meanwhile, Bury’s proposed trip to Woodbridge in the other quarter-final has had to be re-arranged after the game was called off for a waterlogged pitch last night.
Woodbridge are hoping to host and push back the fixture until December 4 providing Bury don’t require a replay in their FA Trophy clash with Skrill South giants Eastleigh next weekend.
You may also want to watch:
A date for the semi-final draw is pending with the last-four ties not scheduled to be played until the New Year.
Elsewhere, Hadleigh will host Welwyn Garden City in the Third Round Proper of the FA Vase after the Hertfordshire-based side defeated Hadleigh’s Thurlow Nunn rivals Ely City 3-0 in last night’s replay.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 9 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
The game is scheduled to be played on December 7.